View Single Post
Old 05-18-2010, 09:01 AM   #10
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by samifan24 View Post
I've never had satellite radio but from what I gather one of the main benefits is being able to find much more obscure stuff than the 25 or so songs they always play on regular radio.

I know MacColl's career was cut short by her tragic death so I don't know much of her work either. I'm actually more familiar with her brother, Neil MacColl, both for his work with David Gray and his popular work with Kathryn Williams.

I wouldn't say much more obscure stuff. Maybe it's due to my listening habits, but it seems like a lot of the stations are very similar in format, so several stations are equally likely to play the same stuff, which doesn't leave much room for very obscure stuff. There's exceptions, and maybe I'm spoiled from listening to my ipod, but it's not like you're hearing some new crazy thing after another (although if anyone else has it and disagrees, I'd love to hear about it)!

I have an album by Kathryn Williams and Neill MacColl, but it never occured to me there was be a connection.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote