View Single Post
Old 05-11-2010, 11:19 AM   #19
Drake
assmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
Let me twist this a hair: what if that piece of candy had peanuts in it, and the kid was allergic? It doesn't take much.

The school had a policy of no candy sharing, they tried lesser means that didn't work, so they stepped it up. This school was just as likely to have some parent get ticked off that their kid was able to get candy from someone else at school (some parents are pretty militant over this, as I think we've seen in other recent threads), and so it's a case of the school caught between a rock and a hard place.

As stupid as this whole situation seems on the surface, I've got to agree with Greg here. Sometimes the school ends up in a no-win situation where even *they're* going to find themselves punished for using common sense if they take less than a hard line.

Sucks, but there it is.

As my kids are just about done with school now, I can only sit back and be thankful that most of our school admins were perfectly content to stick their fingers in their ears and go "la la la, what I don't hear didn't happen" most of the time.
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote