Thread: Rare Privilege
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2010, 09:18 AM   #4
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Drake, great story. I had a very similar experience over a year ago with my sister. My sister is three years older than me and decided a few years ago to switch careers mid-stream and become a nurse.

She's a nurse at local children's hospital and has been so for the last 3-4 years now. I have never seen her in action until last Febraury when my 99 year old grandmother fell ill.

My grandmother was very sick and very old and the end was near. My whole family was in the room with her and just sort of stunned, nervous, sad what have you. The moment my sister walked into the room everything changed. She brought such a calm, loving energy into the place. It was remarkable. Just to watch the way she talked to my grandmother and comforted her, it changed the entire mood of the place. I had never been more proud of my sister than at that moment. I saw that she really had chosen the right profression and was damn good at it. Really amazing to witness.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote