View Single Post
Old 05-07-2010, 04:25 PM   #17
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

spleen1015 was right on the money as far as bowling goes. I mean, I bowl 10-15 games per week, and my average has improved from 145 to 185 in two years. The challenge for me is that I am bowling on easy oil patterns. Yes, the conditions change slightly from day to day (or even game to game), but I don't have the opportunity to try the various oil conditions, and I don't have the luxury of having a lot of different bowling balls.

I guess what I'm saying is that there's nothing stopping me from becoming a professional-level bowler. If I put more time in, worked on varying oil conditions, and maybe added another bowling ball or two, I might be able to reach a pretty high level after a few years. It's practice, repetition, focus, and dedication. You really need to be dedicated to it. I love bowling, but I'm not dedicated at that level. I never will be. I don't have the attention span for it. So if I ever become a 200 bowler on a standard house shot, I'll be more than happy. I know I'll never put in enough work to be a 200 bowler on PBA conditions. That's my choice, though. It's possible. I'm just not doing it.