View Single Post
Old 05-06-2010, 11:00 PM   #235
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Well, this is just highly unlikely, so Alzar gets closer, and hides the somatic and material components of an ESP spell behind a viewer and his robe and cloak. He begins to check the mind of Vajj.

Vajj fails his save. He is thinking about how his plan to rig all of the races today will make him stinking rich. The next race, the beetle on the inside is supposed to win. He tells himself to play it cool. Alzar is walking to him. Dryshik and Megala have arrived, and Alzar points for Estiash and Aleigha to back his play.

He makes his next save, that round Vajj collects his winnings and starts to move back. He fails it the next turn, and Alzar can hear that Vajj has threatened the others with his surface thoughts. He taps Vajj on the shoulder with his staff and the man turns around and looks surprised and a bit upset. Easily angered, Alzar thinks.

“Excuse me, but since you have cheated and rigged these races, I would appreciate it if you would return your money to the Flansons.” Alzar smiles. He is also speaking quite loudly for everyone to hear. Vajj leans down and says “No one accuses me of cheating!”

“Oh, I’m not accusing you, I’m telling you.” Alzar can read Vajj’s mind during this final round (failed his save), ”I know you threatened all of these townsfolk, and that you told the one on the last beetle that you’d kill his mother, and the one on the middle one on the left that you’d kill the entire town, and that you would posion and kill all of the Ki’o. I know how you threatened each of them. I also know that you have three daggers hidden in your sleeve that you are thinking about killing me with, and trying to come up with a way of getting out of this. I’d recommend surrendering and turning over your gold, before this crowd gets a little too upset.”

Several shouts agree with Alzar. Of course, they come from Estiash and Aleigha. Vajj opens and clenches his fists a few times, and then moves to the table, and places the money that he won. He motions to his fighters to leave, and turns around to threaten Alzar. The next race begins and Alzar has Estiash and Aleigha go back to guarding. The Flansons want to award him, but he brushes them off and follows Vajj.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote