View Single Post
Old 05-06-2010, 02:15 PM   #18
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud View Post
He didn't ask for it to happen. I think the only thing the original guy did wrong was not making it more convincing a screw up, rather than just double biffing a putt, but maybe it occurred to him at the last minute to do it.

I'm sure the league will change the rule for next season, given all of this national attention. But the thing about sports at the lower levels is that it's just not as competitive. I mean, it matters. The games, the matches and all of it matters to a degree, but...every institution and the players involved don't care that much.

Plus, there's nothing that he could've done about it. The other player chose to do it. I'm sure if anything, it emboldens him to go to nationals and do his best work and prove he belongs there...it's just not a high profile enough level of competition that being bloodthirsty has any merits whatsoever.

And given it was two Catholic schools involved...I'm guess there was an added level of morality added to it.

Right, the other person chose to do it, so his "gift" might actually have been a burden, depending on the personality of the benefactor.

Last edited by molson : 05-06-2010 at 02:15 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote