View Single Post
Old 05-04-2010, 10:50 AM   #11
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Reasons you should vote for Married With Children instead of The Cosby Show (even though that show was pretty awesome too).

- Cosby was a great show and hugely popular. But Married With Children was groundbreaking. Remember what sitcoms were like in the 80s? All squishy soft and family friendly? Married With Children was the show that changed that. Cosby was the last great family sitcom, but Married With Children was the first great grownup sitcom (in a long time). Give me the trendsetter. If you've enjoyed pretty much any comedy made since 1990, you should be voting for Married With Children. If you wish everything was still like Full House or Family Matters, then by all means go Cosby.

- Married With Children was also the show that put Fox on the map, and helped it survive the first few years. It also convinced Fox that grownup sitcoms that tried something original could work. So they tried a second one, and it was called The Simpsons. Do you like The Simpsons? If so, you need to be voting for Married With Children.

- You tugged it to Kelly Bundy. You did not tug it to Vanessa. I don't know you, but I feel pretty comfortable stating this as fact.

- The night of the Cosby Show's final episode, the LA riots happened. Now we can't prove that one caused the other. But we can't prove it didn't, now can we?

Seriously, vote for Married With Children or I'll kill you.

Last edited by Maple Leafs : 05-04-2010 at 10:51 AM.
Maple Leafs is offline   Reply With Quote