View Single Post
Old 05-03-2010, 08:01 AM   #22
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
This doesn't surprise me at all. My first thought after hearing about this was to morbidly think what kind of heck the immigration thread would turn into if this was some Middle East terrorist guy who came in over the border.

But then I thought about all the logistics, the SUV, the explosive stuff, etc., I just felt it had to be an "inside" job. Which, to me, meant some kind of anti-government white supremacist group or some crap like that.

And now that I think of it, wasn't the Oklahoma City bombing done via truck bomb?

I am not an FBI agent, I just play one of the internet, but here would be my thoughts on both Islamic terrorism and white supremacists. It seems like an Islamic terrorist would have probably stuck with the car and blown themselves up with it. (Obviously this is not always the case but it seems to be quite often) The anti-government/Tim McVeigh anger was largely directed at the government and the target would have been something federal. (Don't think this is the case in that part of Times Square) Seems more likely a group like that would go after a federal building or at least hit an area with a high concentration of their "enemies". (high black area, synagogue, immigration rally) From my experience seems like Times Square is usually mostly white. Don't get me wrong I defend neither group but it seems like neither of these would make any sense at all. Probably some lone nut job with some screwed up agenda about New York City or mass media or something than any organized/semi-organized terror group.
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote