View Single Post
Old 04-28-2010, 12:11 PM   #36
JS19
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
You don't think the most important issue here is the relevance to your family's background and if there are any criminal connections, considering your brother was interviewing for a job in law enforcement? That's a relevant inquiry given the line of work. You're talking about potentially compromising safety and quality of investigations - not to mention the lives of your fellow law enforcement - if you don't do due diligence on the background of potential officers.

There's really no relevance to the job of a WR if his mom's a prostitute. At least, I don't see teams making big cases out of the questionable family/friends certain players run with, other than doing their own investigations and drawing conclusions from that. This clearly seems like a stress test based on some info they dug up - but it was in incredibly poor taste and inappropriate, IMO.

I hear ya, and I'm not saying there is a direct correlation between the two, however, I do feel it was a relevant question. If I'm about to hand you millions of dollars and potentially make you my star WR, I would wanna know about your history. If your mother is a prostitute with a drug problem, and you now being a millionaire, are we on our way down a slippery slope? I think it's a bit naive to think that a player's family problems will not have a direct effect on the player himself. Personally, I think he was just doing his job to get all the information he felt was needed.

Again, perhaps he didn't go about it in the right way, but it's best to get it out there and sort through it. I'll use my brother's experience as an example... within their investigation, they found out about our mom's uncle, although I don't believe he was a "real" uncle, I'm a little fuzzy on the story myself. Anyhow, he was a dirty NYPD cop years ago, and they grilled him about it. Point is, they put it out there, asked him all sorts of questions about it, and were satisfied with his answers and moved on.
JS19 is offline   Reply With Quote