View Single Post
Old 04-28-2010, 10:17 AM   #35
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS19 View Post
Perhaps When my brother was going through his interview with the NYPD, they wanted to know my history, our mother and father's, grandparents, aunts and uncles and cousins. I'm not entirely convinced it only has to do with a PR standpoint, but a character issue, as well. If your mother is a crack whore, what kind of effect has it had on you?

You don't think the most important issue here is the relevance to your family's background and if there are any criminal connections, considering your brother was interviewing for a job in law enforcement? That's a relevant inquiry given the line of work. You're talking about potentially compromising safety and quality of investigations - not to mention the lives of your fellow law enforcement - if you don't do due diligence on the background of potential officers.

There's really no relevance to the job of a WR if his mom's a prostitute. At least, I don't see teams making big cases out of the questionable family/friends certain players run with, other than doing their own investigations and drawing conclusions from that. This clearly seems like a stress test based on some info they dug up - but it was in incredibly poor taste and inappropriate, IMO.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote