View Single Post
Old 04-28-2010, 09:57 AM   #78
Tigercat
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post
By NFL standards, it's incredibly slow. (in actuality, you really can't be "long" and "fast" in the NFL. You'll have trouble naming QB's who are 75% as long as Russell. When there are 90 or so QB's in the league at one time and you have the longest delivery by far, it might just be that the other guys are right. A long delivery in the NFL not only means more sacks/fumbles, it means the loss of accuracy.

Well let me put it this way, he can get the ball out of his hand 10x faster (exaggeration obviously) than Leftwich. I even remember the "draft experts" saying on draft day that he has a long delivery but he can rocket it fast for that delivery. But yea, I am sure it has lead to some accuracy problems and no doubt has lead to plenty of fumbles.

To me the biggest thing successful QBing comes down to is pocket presence. Manning and Brees do it better than anyone else right now, and that is a big part of what makes them the best QBs in the game. In the NFL Russell looks in permanent panic mode in the pocket, nothing can overcome that.
Tigercat is offline   Reply With Quote