View Single Post
Old 04-28-2010, 09:03 AM   #33
SteveMax58
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS19 View Post
Perhaps he didn't ask it in the right way, but why beat around the bush? When my brother was going through his interview with the NYPD, they wanted to know my history, our mother and father's, grandparents, aunts and uncles and cousins. I'm not entirely convinced it only has to do with a PR standpoint, but a character issue, as well. If your mother is a crack whore, what kind of effect has it had on you? How have you dealt with it? Are you carrying around any baggage because of it? Just like any other profession where you are held to higher standards, you need to know what you're getting involved with when it comes to your employees.

Yep.

Your aren't interviewing this guy to be his friend...you are interviewing him to see if he is worth giving millions of dollars to play a physically, mentally, & emotionally tough sport. This is just one of many tests he is given...and he is given this test precisely because he is considered a top-notch player. The same reason that the media, fans, and other players will heckle him.
SteveMax58 is offline   Reply With Quote