View Single Post
Old 04-28-2010, 09:00 AM   #68
Tigercat
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhiipp View Post
Poor Tigercat.

I stand by his credentials, and still think there is little substantial real evidence that he would bust out from his college repertoire.

If Oakland didn't draft him #1, someone else would have drafted him in the top 5. He reminds me of Aaron Brooks, both showed the mental ability to be successful QBs. Once both got big contracts they just didn't play or prepare with a chip on their shoulder. And in both cases, the pre-suckage detractors (and some that were detractors beforehand) do revisionist history saying they never showed signs they were any good.

If another QB comes along from college with the talent to have the best arm strength and accuracy in the game, after having improved well every year in college, and then having thrown for nearly 70% completion percentage and one of the best QB ratings in college football, I am sure he will be picked high as well. If he doesn't fit the outward personality of the prototypical QB, and if he didn't get the mainstream media's draft watch attention throughout his final year, I am sure he will get plenty of detractors too.

Last edited by Tigercat : 04-28-2010 at 09:03 AM.
Tigercat is offline   Reply With Quote