View Single Post
Old 04-27-2010, 09:08 PM   #40
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

B8. Journey to the Rock

Alzar arrives and Hakeem opens the door to the manor. Alzar steps in and is introduced to Jenlar Temlin, in a room with two fighter guards just inside the door. Jenlar is a man of few words., After a quick introduction and a conversation about thr trip, he gets right to the point. Master Arkayz will pay Alzar 300 gold if Alzar goes to and finds the secret of The Rock. Jenlar agrees to raise the price to 400 gold, half now, after Alzar’s negotiates. He says that master Arkayz is currently in magic research and cannot be disturbed. Alzar inquires about the nature of the research, but he is rebuffed.

After some consideration, Alzar takes the gold, is given a map and some info, and will set out today.

+200 gold

As he leaves, Alzar is given this riddle by Jenlar, who took an augury:

Golden dreams can quickly turn to nightmares filled with flames that burn. Dark clouds may not bring you light, but watch for silver linings bright. Strength is not as strength might look; remember falsely-covered books! Simple treasures won’t grow old and all that glitters is not gold.”

(I have NOT actually read this module in like 20 years, so I have no idea what is going on, fyi. I am going to read it and do it at the same time).

Jenlar mentions that legends say the secret is in two parts, visible and invisible, and wishes Alzar luck.

Alzar moves to the Rock.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 04-27-2010 at 09:09 PM.
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote