View Single Post
Old 04-24-2010, 06:28 AM   #51
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by panerd View Post
I don't really understand either of these threads. They are supposed to be about things that happened in our lifetimes that we personally experienced and can post some personal anecdotes and instead we are posting about things that happened when we were 10 or sometimes something that happened before we were born. I think I am around the median age for this board and Reagan was basically when I was in K-8th grade. Some of you guys are older than me and maybe were in high school or college but without doing a person by person search some of you guys are talking about Reagan's policies that you lived through at age 3!

Next up thread: Best team you have ever seen.

Panerd: "The 1927 yankees"

I never was old enough to vote for or against Reagan, but I think you are classifying our age group a little unfairly if you think we were not able to see or understand the effect of his administration. Even the same thing for Carter. It is not like when we were adults we only started understanding things without any concept of the previous 10 years.

The Poll was who was the best president in your lifetime. What you want is a different poll called something along the lines of "Who was the best president that you could have voted for" perhaps, which of course would then limit the discussion for most of this board to only 3 presidents to choose from and be somewhat boring and pointless.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote