View Single Post
Old 04-23-2010, 06:15 PM   #48
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Ditto this. I don't think I've ever played an actual module in any system. I always wrote/mapped/designed my own campaigns. That was the way the guys who introduced me to D&D did it, so I thought that was just how it was done...and honestly, scripting the adventure and having other people play it out was where most of my joy came from -- even the parts that never actually made it into game play because of player decisions.

Still, I bought the modules for ideas, raw materials and monster/weapon/treasure stat references.

Reading this thread, I feel like I missed out on some of these great stories.

I used modules and Dragon Magazine articles a lot in my campaigns. I adapted them to fit my campaign ideas and got some ideas for my campaigns from them, but some were good to use practically untouched. Wish I could remember the name of my favorite module-it actually came after Gary Gygax left TSR. He either wrote it, or it came from the campaign world he created. Had an art gallery room in it that fueled the main villain in my campaign and allowed me to connect it to a regular TSR module.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote