View Single Post
Old 04-22-2010, 10:52 PM   #491
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by miked View Post
Even better, now the Jets can get Kindle? It's like double awesomeness, the Pats get a guy projected to go in the early 2nd and the Jets get the pick they should have made. J-E-T-S...

McCourty sucks. But he did run a 4.38 and returns punts. I'm told that picks don't matter in college...whatever, he had like 5 in 4 years.

McCourty was projected to go in the 18-22 range in plenty of mocks. And where have I heard this intelligent "McCourty sucks" conversation before? Oh yeah.

Quote:
McCourty sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
At what?

Quote:
Defense? He has 6 picks in 4 seasons, he had about 9 PDs last season in 12 games, 3 of which came against FIU. They seem to love him because he can return and block kicks, but in the NFL there are what, like 3 blocked punts a season?

Quote:
No, they seem to love him because he is an outstanding cover corner who can actually tackle people and isn't a liability in run support. But keep on thinking that INTs are what defines a great corner. McCourty actually officially defended 10 passes last year, and that number is tied with the consensus #1 CB in Joe Haden.

edit: And just for shits and giggles, Darrelle Revis had 2 INTs and 4 passes defended in 12 games during his last year at Pitt.

But go ahead, you can tell me why you don't think McCourty is a 1st rou...oh wait, no please tell me why he "sucks" which I assume to mean he isn't worthy of being selected before the 4th round or so (I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on that one).

Quote:
LOL, I'm just going by watching the RU defense I guess. Not sure what makes him a first rounder and I think the McCourty twins were probably the most overrated DBs. I am anti-twin.

Quote:
Well at least you're honest.

Seriously man, you seem like a pretty normal guy otherwise, what's with your hard-on with this guy? What's funny is when I searched for the above thread, I found you bashing him going back to 2008. Did the McCourty twins double team your sister or something?

Last edited by Logan : 04-22-2010 at 10:53 PM.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote