View Single Post
Old 04-22-2010, 08:55 AM   #32
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
Great choices Abe - some of those I really love myself. The Whole Realms Catalogue I always felt was an underappreciated gem. As for me, it's hard to remember after so long, but as for modules I do remember one I loved, just because it went against so many of the cliches of most modules, especially ones for starting player level. No ruined temples or goblin lairs, instead you get basically a haunted house and an oddball village with some mysteries. I also love that this ties into a couple of other modules for a rare underwater campaign. I give you...

I GM'd this module dozens of times. I even remember one night when I was like 10 or 11 and I decided to roll up a character and play through the module by myself. I played a paladin. He died pretty early on.

I am still playing some D&D and still enjoy it. I started playing when I was 5 years old. I didn't quite understand it all that well, but by age 7 I had it down pretty well. I was in an epic campaign that lasted all 4 years of college.

I have played on and off since then. Currently, we have been playing 3rd/3.5 edition campaign. We started in it Feb '06. Our group only gets together a handful of times a year, since one of our players lives in NYC. My friend who runs it created the world and everything, so we don't use modules.

We just recently started a new side campaign based in the "Underdark" supplement. So, we're playing drow. Never been my favorite, but it's been fun so far.

I still have all my old original books, the Monster Manual with Asmodeus and the Dieties and Demigods with the Elric and Chthulhu stuff.

It's funny, I remember being in college and wondering about when I'd finally give up playing RPGs. What my last adventure would be. I'm 36 now. Married and have a job. I don't really see ever completely stopping playing these games. It's something I enjoy too much. I don't golf or gamble or anything like that, so I suppose it fills that void.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote