View Single Post
Old 04-22-2010, 08:13 AM   #58
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauboy1 View Post
My wife on the other hand is all about hearing the offer (if there is one) and going from there. I spoke with a lot of other close people and they're all for us listening, too. I'm with the majority here that we should accept the original and move on.. if it falls through, it falls through and we go with the next offer.

I guess I'm wired differently, but I cannot see how anyone could think like this. I can see your wife being pissed off that you took an offer that was lower. I can't see how someone can say it's ok to listen to other offers after you made a deal.

When people say "morals" are on a steep decline, I usually laugh. I think they've always been about the same. But seeing people who actually think it's acceptable to sell their word for 5k? I have a very hard time understanding where they are coming from.

To me there isn't any hearing of another offer and going from anywhere until this deal runs its course.

FWIW: I think the solutions to these problems are usually pretty damned simple. Just reverse the situation. Would your wife be thrilled if she made an offer, signed papers, handed over money and then she was told to go pound sand?

Glad to see you are at least handling things the right way.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote