Old 04-22-2010, 07:13 AM   #2
wade moore
lolzcat

Dola:

One of my first searches got this:

Quote:
Answer
Macs do not get virus (very very rare)
If an email has a virus in it - and you forward it to a Win PC user, they can get the virus.
If a PC user that has your email address in their addressbook gets a virus that sends email out, that virus can 'spoof' (substitute) the real sender with one of the email addresses.
So, the virus gets sent with YOUR email address as the sender (EVEN THO you are not the sender).
This goes to an email server that sees the virus and sees that you sent it (even tho you did NOT).
The email server sends you an email saying you are sending viruses, even though you are not.
The only solution is to send an email to EVERYONE that has your email address AND a Windows computer and tell them to check and repair.

Based on the specific combination of e-mail addresses that this e-mail appears to be sent to, I do not believe this is what happened. It was sent to my work e-mail address, some specific common friends, and members of a club my wife is in that has no relation to the other two groups.

So - I'm pretty sure this is specific to my wife's computer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote