View Single Post
Old 04-21-2010, 10:41 PM   #54
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauboy1 View Post
We had discussed the closing date, earnest money at our handshake. He gave us $1500 as earnest money, an offer to purchase that was what we agreed upon and agreeable for the most part. There was one or two things I'd change, instead of 30 days for contingency on inspection, I'd want 15 days and I can't even remember the other, it was so minor.

For me, if he gave you earnest money at the handshake and you discussed that many of the details, then you honor A's agreement and for me, it becomes a no brainer. B's should be a secondary offer. Seems like with earnest money exchanging hands, it would be alot easier to prove out something in court if they wanted to be dicks.

I had the wrong impression. I thought the handshake agreement was nothing more than "Would you take $162,500 for it?" and nothing else which is why I said have B come through because there are any number of details that could have made it unacceptable beyond just the price.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote