View Single Post
Old 04-21-2010, 09:27 PM   #53
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Sorry, guys! FYI, a little more back story for ya...The house has been on the market for two months now. I have hosted five open houses in this time frame, very good ones; lots of parties who liked the home but never heard from again.. some repeats then never heard from again.. but never ONE offer of any sort in the two months time. This past weekend I hosted TWO open houses. One on Saturday and one on Sunday. We had ONE party total in the two days combined. Disaster. lol anyhow, back to the rest of it.

After I posted this last night I anticipated some small discussion on this but not this much. My brain was racking big time last night and I definitely had some hindsight moments where I wish things were done differently. My best friend did FSBO and it went very smoothly in their negotiations and the handshake was fine. If I had to do it all over again I would have done the "Put the offer in writing and we'll get back to you in 24 hours or so thereafter.". Obviously that did not happen and this blame lies on me.

I spoke with 'A' this morning and they had everything drawn up and ready for us to pick up at lunch time. I picked up the offer to purchase and told them I'll have my Real Estate guy look things over and make sure everything works. We had discussed the closing date, earnest money at our handshake. He gave us $1500 as earnest money, an offer to purchase that was what we agreed upon and agreeable for the most part. There was one or two things I'd change, instead of 30 days for contingency on inspection, I'd want 15 days and I can't even remember the other, it was so minor.

I had party B walk through with her husband tonight and after their walk-thru I flat out told them if they're not interested tell me now. They're interested and will get back to us in the morning....

From the get-go I was all about honoring the original commitment and I'm still all about honoring. My wife on the other hand is all about hearing the offer (if there is one) and going from there. I spoke with a lot of other close people and they're all for us listening, too. I'm with the majority here that we should accept the original and move on.. if it falls through, it falls through and we go with the next offer.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote