View Single Post
Old 04-21-2010, 12:09 PM   #42
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Yup, what molson and Celeval said. It's possible that more than the price alone was discussed in the "handshake agreement" discussion, and if so, Buyer A should abide by that as well or risk the deal being out.

Me, umm, fourth I guess.

Here's what I interpret from what we've been told
-- A made a verbal offer, Maui agreed it was generally acceptable & gave him the formal written paperwork for those terms to fill out and agreed they'd meet at lunch today to get that signed paperwork back.

If it comes back as agreed upon & there are no swerves by Prospect A then ethically you sell him the house, I don't give a fuck what B says when she calls or comes by.

Typically that paperwork has the appropriate language about buyer financing, deadlines, etc, if any of those fail then it's the same as any other situation (i.e. your realtor talked to their realtor, etc., you never looked someone in the eye & said "okay", because what you're saying "okay" to is ultimately what's contained in the document, you made that clear when you handed him the document to sign) the sale doesn't make it through & you're free to find the next lucky buyer.

But if you give the guy the paperwork & agree on an acceptable time/date/place for it to be returned, then you're in serious douchebag territory if he meets those conditions but you've suddenly got seller's remorse.