View Single Post
Old 04-20-2010, 11:17 PM   #17
Swaggs
Coordinator

If you wanted more than the original person offered, you should not have accepted his offer or you should have given yourself a window of time (48-hours) to make the decision. You have to make the decision on what is best for you and your family, but that decision was apparently to accept the offer on the spot. Quit trying to sell something that you already sold.

I would probably wait and see if the guy follows through on your plans to meet and sign at lunch. If he flakes out, then go ahead with your viewing with Lady B as scheduled. If he signs as agreed, be honest with Lady B and offer to show her the house w/ the knowledge that you have agreed to sell to someone else. If the guy flakes out later or cannot get financing, and she likes the house, you have someone to call back upon.

I'm curious to know how long the house was on the market. If it has only been on sale for a short while, you probably made an error in agreeing to drop your price so quickly (especially if it wasn't your bottom line price). It has been my experience that realtors get paid way to much for the service that they provide (when you consider how much they make per hour spent), but most do have a wealth of professional expertise that is often worth enough to recoup their cost.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote