View Single Post
Old 04-15-2010, 09:37 PM   #96
Blackadar
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
Ok after reading this a bit more... there's no possible way you can just discuss on the field performance when talking about who would trade for Roethlisberger. You can be a fan of his and love him on your team but if you think that the motorcycle incident, two sexual assault scandals(even though he was never charged, yes I realize that), and four concussions by the age of 27 don't destroy his trade value you just aren't being rational. There is zero doubt in my mind that Manning/Brady/Brees/Rivers/Rodgers would never be traded straight up for Roethlisberger. There is no way that Atlanta would trade for him as often as he's been in the news so often and so soon after the Vick debacle. I think the Jets and Ravens would rather keep their young promising QB's than take the chance on Big Ben

Maybe I wasn't clear, but I've been talking about solely on-the-field performances. But you're right that none of those teams would touch him right now, even though the DA has said there's no reasonable belief that Ben committed a crime. There's just too much baggage.

(Yes, he did say that when he said there was no probable cause, because that's what probable cause means)

Last edited by Blackadar : 04-15-2010 at 09:37 PM.
Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote