View Single Post
Old 04-15-2010, 08:28 PM   #91
Radii
Head Coach

Ok after reading this a bit more... there's no possible way you can just discuss on the field performance when talking about who would trade for Roethlisberger. You can be a fan of his and love him on your team but if you think that the motorcycle incident, two sexual assault scandals(even though he was never charged, yes I realize that), and four concussions by the age of 27 don't destroy his trade value you just aren't being rational. There is zero doubt in my mind that Manning/Brady/Brees/Rivers/Rodgers would never be traded straight up for Roethlisberger. There is no way that Atlanta would trade for him as often as he's been in the news so often and so soon after the Vick debacle. I think the Jets and Ravens would rather keep their young promising QB's than take the chance on Big Ben.

I could just quote Cuervo really:

Quote:
Huh. The Sports Reporters show in DC wondered if you could really get much of anything for Roethlisberger, between off-field stupidity and concussion concerns. I don't know if I'd go that far, but I think 1.1 is crazy talk.

I'm not saying that all of those QB's are better than Big Ben, but that his value is nowhere near as high as some of ya'll are making it between his growing history of concussions and consistent mention in the news off the field.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote