View Single Post
Old 04-15-2010, 02:30 PM   #55
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackadar View Post
Talk about cherry picking...

I don't think anyone would argue that QB rating is perfect, but made up stats don't count. How about we stick to something simple, like winning. Who had more wins than Big Ben in their first 5 years in the league? Oh, that's right...no one in history. Sorry, I'll take the guy who wins games and has two Super Bowl rings over some very obscure stat any day. It's interesting that a stat like that would have also been very unkind to another all-time great - John Elway. All he did was win games too.

By the way, if you like made up stats, you could always go with KWP, which has Big Ben as the 17th best QB in history.

Winning is affected by the whole team...not just the QB. The offense and the defense. While in a team sport like football it's probably very difficult to remove the effect of all other plays and isolate a player's true value, winning goes in the extreme opposite direction.

Hint: Big Ben is not the best QB in NFL history.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote