View Single Post
Old 04-14-2010, 03:08 PM   #6
Easy Mac

Well, I was 14, and it was the first game of the Pony League Dixie Youth baseball championship game. It was a best 2 out of 3, and if people were taking bets, we were favored. This was the first year in like 5 that a team other than the team in red had won the league (I don't remember their name). The season before, out team was middling at best, mainly a bunch of 13 year olds who needed another year to mature. It was weird for me and a couple of other guys, as we had been part of a dynasty at the little league level (Our team didn't lose in the two years I was on the team).

Anyway, I went all 6 innings, picking up a blister on my main curveball finger in the third. It didn't matter. I somehow pitched the game of a lifetime. No walks, no hits, amazingly no errors. We won 7-0 and I was a freaking God on the diamond. We dominated the next game and won the league championships. I don't know what came over me, but it was the only no-hitter I ever pitched, let alone a perfect game.

I should have quit baseball after that season, but decided to take a shot at high school baseball (because my dad wasn't letting me play soccer). While I played freshman year, it was nowhere near as successful on the mound or for the team.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote