View Single Post
Old 04-10-2010, 06:18 PM   #89
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowech View Post
This case is just beyond words really. This isn't garden, every day just being in high school bullying.

???

From the article (I didn't read the .pdf's on the three girls, maybe there's more there) I didn't see anything out of the ordinary for HS level bullying.

Threatened, got called out for her sexual behavior with name calling, threatened some more, something got thrown at her I think. No mention of lethal weapons, property damage, etc., and even those aren't all that uncommon in my experience if there's a long-term target.

What did I miss that would be remarkably worse than the standard bullying at this age group.

NOTE: None of those questions have anything to do with blaming the victim, excusing the bullies, or anything else. I'm just curious what rowech saw that struck him as being so much worse than garden variety bullying, whether I missed something(s) or if what I would consider baseline bullying in this age group is more intense than his expectations for "average"