View Single Post
Old 04-10-2010, 08:43 AM   #8
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
My wife's cousin adopted two little girls from Russia about 15 years ago. They were sisters and living in an orphange where they were severely neglected. They were five and seven at the time, but both looked at least 2 years younger because of malnutrition. She couldn't have children, and met the girls on a mission trip, and they melted her heart.

The cousin homeschooled the girls, and did spend lots of money on them. She was a bit of a smotherer, and never really treated them their ages. I met them several times, and they seemed sweet and well behaved. Sadly, their adopted mom started getting sick. She was losing weight (and she was already very thin), and having strange bouts of weakness. The doctors could not figure out what was causing her symptoms. She finally ended up in the hospital near death.

The cause? The little girls were putting anti-freeze in her food trying to kill her. They very nearly succeeded. They were 12 and 14 at the time. It was actually the younger one that seemed to be the ring-leader of the two. It was a spooky-scary-creepy situation. Both girls ened up institutionalized. They are in there early 20's now, and I have no idea where they are. There was talk they might be sent back to Russia, but I don't know if that happened. Her cousin will not even talk about them.

That is just insane, it's hard to imagine that mentality in a child that young, though coming from the situation they were in it is easy to see how they were so seriously damaged.

Last edited by BYU 14 : 04-10-2010 at 08:44 AM.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote