View Single Post
Old 04-09-2010, 01:52 PM   #28
TroyF
Coordinator

[quote=JonInMiddleGA;2261463]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post

Private K-12 I believe. I may (or may not) have mentioned this place in the HS football thread earlier this year. It's frickin' amazing, closest thing I could come up with as a comparision is like the Duke campus on a smaller scale. Their chapel alone (used for school related functions only as I understand it) likely has more square footage than most of the private schools in the state. Just a gorgeous setting, gothic influenced architecture, football stadium puts some small colleges to shame. State championships in virtually every sport in the past decade, several of them are back to back or even four peats (and counting). And the kids are both well mannered & smart.

Tuition is about $16k a year through gr 4, $17k for middle school, $18.3k for grades 7-12 ... mandatory annual giving not included in those figures. Total K-12 enrollment about 1,100.

edit to add: My son took one look at the campus while we were trying to find a Friday night parking space, his jaw kept dropping lower & lower, I said "don't even think about it" and kept walking

I can see how your son had his jaw drop. I was simply amazed. We watched their baseball team get a walk off win and then went to the football field and watched the soccer match for awhile. We were floored by both stadiums. I can't imagine playing in anything remotely like either in my junior high/high school days.

18 grand a year? Yeah, if I have a kid and live in GA, we'd keep on walking as well.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote