View Single Post
Old 04-09-2010, 04:13 AM   #46
Icy
Pro Starter

Not really liking any of them a lot sorry, also look to me like a cheap clipart with some random fonts applied for the company name.
I guess i would go with #3 but making the text taller as the table is too tall in comparison.

When talking about logos i'm more of a critic than a good designer, i find original logo designing really challenging, as you need to represent the company in a simple but eye catching design, it will usually last for a few years and you will expend good money on printing, branding etc, so you can't afford to go wrong. I don't usually design logos because that, it either jumps into my brain quickly or i need top expend a lot of time on different versions and ideas, and as i'm too critic and perfectionist, i end losing a lot of time and not being profitable. I'm also a self trained web designer with no arts school background, and for something like logo designs, those who have studied in art schools would be my first choice of designer because the training they received to open their mind for original ideas.

If you are totally serious about this, Imho the designer must know a lot about the company, what they want to show there and then to have a great vision. He should also provide you a few totally different ideas to start with, you chose a couple for example and he gives you a few more mockups based on those two, then you chose one of those and he works again on a few versions. Right now you just have 6 font versions of the same thing.

If you don't want to work and pay an expensive designer, go with sites like that 99 designs one, where you will get a ton of different views and versions that will open your mind a lot about what you want, i see some really good ones for that Chicagosushi.com

Last edited by Icy : 04-09-2010 at 04:30 AM.
Icy is offline   Reply With Quote