View Single Post
Old 04-08-2010, 11:34 AM   #8
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

JW's specifically? It ain't a pretty sight if they try to go any further beyond "not the least bit interested, goodbye". If they persist I take their proffered Watchtower, set it ablaze with my Zippo, and hand it back to them. I've yet to have a return visitor from that method. My issues with JW's is more personal than religious in nature & stems from a highly inappropriate response I received from one of them a long time ago when I still treated them the same as all the others.

Bicycling Mormon's et al? "No interested, have a nice day, be careful out there" and door closes.

My grandmother had a different approach, I mention here largely for the humor of it. Her deal was that if she listened to them & their pitch then they had to listen to her religious point of view as well. They stopped visiting her home after she was so effective that she shook half of a JW duo, to the extent that the wavering one was basically dragged out of the house by his partner, only to return on his own/alone later to thank my grandmother for pointing out some things that he had never really considered & left saying that he had some serious soul searching to do.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 04-08-2010 at 11:34 AM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote