Thread: Your kid's diet
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2010, 02:41 PM   #38
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
To be honest, he's probably trying to make up for the absence of a little of life's goodnesses in her life.

You can disagree, and you're certainly well within your rights to do whatever to prevent it if you choose, but you might as well get used to it because sooner or later she's going to run into a cupcake with jellybeans on top at a kid's birthday at school or Valentine's Day party candy (unless you're planning to homeschool or whatever).

I hope you aren't saying there is none of life's goodness in my daughter's life. I don't know if that is your stance or if you are trying to say that is what my wife's father is thinking. I would assume the latter.

I'm not that naive to think that she will never have this stuff. I'd rather start her off trying to instill it in her that certain items are treats and not to be used in excess. 3-4 lbs of candy is excess. If he would have gotten her a small chocolate bunny or a box of peeps I wouldn't have that level of frustration with him.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...

Last edited by Mustang : 04-07-2010 at 02:43 PM.
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote