View Single Post
Old 04-06-2010, 08:38 PM   #70
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
I just don't get why it's so hard to setup a system to remove these kids. If 5 kids are disrupting the lives of 75, then they should be removed.

Here's a reasonably common response, written by a former teacher (commenting online on a recent local story about a county school system looking to tighten its bullying rules)

I remember reporting a clear case of bulling/sexual intimidation/sexual harassment to a school administrator who has gone on to bigger things at CCSD. Racial epithets, sexually derogatory terms, threatened physical/sexual violence --- looked like bullying to me-- all very precisely documented.

I was advised by said administrator that due to her "open door" policy, bullying did not exist in her school. I was told that I had obviously overreacted and misunderstood the "context" of what was happening, and that I was culturally insensitive and bigoted. I responded in somewhat more direct terms than what I'm putting here that in my humble opinion, a repeated threat to commit forcible anal rape transcended cultural lines as a threat. But I could be wrong about that.

Anyway, upshot was I was told that I should tear up my referral/report, I responded that state law required me to report the incident, and so it came to pass that I was invited to not come back.