Thread: Disney
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2010, 05:09 PM   #124
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthousekeeper View Post
any suggestions on what to do in the orlando area that is inexpensive and not disney? we have 2 extra days in orlando and i'm looking for something to do that won't cost us the $300 it would cost to do a theme park. on one of the days we are going to Cocoa Beach. Any other suggestions?

If you want to have a good time at a pool, here's a way. It is Disney, but free. Go to downtown Disney. Take the Port Orleans boat to the French Quarter. There is a pool with a dragon slide right there. It is a hotel pool, but no one will hassle you. If you get bored there, get back on the boat to Dixie Landing where there is bigger pool but the slide is ordinary.

They expect folks to hang around the pool on getaway days, so you will fit right in.
"The case of Great Britain is the most astonishing in this matter of inequality of rights in world soccer championships. The way they explained it to me as a child, God is one but He's three: Father, Son and Holy Ghost. I could never understand it. And I still don't understand why Great Britain is one but she's four....while [others] continue to be no more than one despite the diverse nationalities that make them up." Eduardo Galeano, SOCCER IN SUN AND SHADOW
OldGiants is offline   Reply With Quote