Thread: Disney
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2010, 05:02 PM   #123
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
We went to Disney for a day last week. First time back since we moved from Florida. Four years inflation + non-Florida resident = 1-day-pass sticker shock.

Even using the fast pass system, we barely got on many rides - and that's including the rides just the kids went on. At least it was open until 1am. We left at 5 to have dinner outside the park with an old friend of mine and went back for a couple hours later.

If you're not staying at a Disney resort and you stay late and hit the mad rush of people all leaving at the same time and trying to get on the monorails/ferry to get to the parking lot, here's a tip - you can use the resort monorail to get to the parking lot. They have separate monorails for resort guests and the rest, but they don't check and they both get you to the parking lot. There must have been 5000 people waiting for the regular monorail when we left at midnight and maybe 100 at the resort monorail. We chose wisely.

Another tip at rush time is take the bus to Downtown Disney and then get your resort bus from there. We've saved at least a half hour doing this several times. This is particularly useful if you are staying at the least expensive Disney hotels like the All-star series or Caribbean Beach.
"The case of Great Britain is the most astonishing in this matter of inequality of rights in world soccer championships. The way they explained it to me as a child, God is one but He's three: Father, Son and Holy Ghost. I could never understand it. And I still don't understand why Great Britain is one but she's four....while [others] continue to be no more than one despite the diverse nationalities that make them up." Eduardo Galeano, SOCCER IN SUN AND SHADOW
OldGiants is offline   Reply With Quote