View Single Post
Old 04-05-2010, 08:03 PM   #27
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
Did you call them and ask if there was a decimal point they left out between the 1 and the 5?

I did not call them today. I will call them tomorrow. It didn't say 215%, they showed my old premium and my new premium starting May 1. They new premium is a 215% increase over my old premium. The letter encouraged me to call and get a less expensive plan if the rate increase was not acceptable.

Quote:
This used to be called 'durational rating'.

If you are with a health insurer for a long time, they will jack up your premium out of the blue to force you to shop around. This means you will have to pass another physical. Any medical conditions you have picked up since your policy began will now be revealed.

If you have nothing the matter, another insurance company will pick you up. If you do have an expensive condition, you will either have to pay, or no one will insure you.

Well I don't have a new expensive condition. Will be interesting to see how this all plays out tomorrow.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote