View Single Post
Old 04-05-2010, 03:56 PM   #51
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsDino View Post
Whether she slept with someone or not, that shouldn't be excuse for an excessive campaign of terror on her.

???

I haven't seen anyone excuse it, not here nor elsewhere. As far as I can figure I've probably been the most outspoken on that subject here & even I limited it to whether a specific taunt was legitimately actionable while acknowledging how much of the other stuff was obviously actionable.

Quote:
How is it hard to believe that the LEADING contributing factor to her suicide is the repeated attacks on her by everyone in her peer group?

I believe having a switchblade held to your throat in middle school for the joint sins of being white & being smart, still having the scars on my arm from scratches inflicted at age 8 by a school bus teenager angry because I could read better than she could, and a laundry list of lesser offenses on a daily & even hourly basis qualifies as a having been bullied, so I can at least speak from personal experience on the subject.

And with that I have a difficult time believing any of that is the #1 factor in a suicide, which is also from the perspective of having put a loaded gun in my mouth for the first time at age 13.

Underlying issues led to my suicidal reaction to various provocations, but the abuse did not dictate my reaction.

JonInMiddleGA is online now   Reply With Quote