View Single Post
Old 04-05-2010, 02:30 PM   #46
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Ben, the problem with what you are saying IMO is you are making a huge leap from her being promiscuous and using that as enough of a reason to kill herself after being pushed over the edge by being bullied.
No, I am not. You are really missing it. I said:
Quote:
Show me a 15-year-old girl who acts in a similar way and I'll show you a 15-year-old girl with serious issues--virtually always self-worth ones. And in the great majority of cases, I'll show you a girl who has at least considered suicide.
Being that easy at that age is an effect, not a cause. It is an effect not a few times, not sometimes, not most of the time, not nearly all the time. It is an effect *all* the time. There's something else going on here.

Quote:
I think you are simplifying it to much. If every 15 year old with self worth issues killed themselves because of being teased there would be a lot more dead 15 year old girls. I just don't see the leap you are making.
Not surprising. I probably shouldn't have bothered. I'm generally too optimistic about these sorts of discussions. Probably another case of that here. *shurg*
Quote:
My own personal experience with suicide is there have to be a lot more factors involved and my question to EF was with those experiences in mind.
Right. And if you re-read what I said, I'm saying that there have to be a lot more factors involved.

Last edited by Ben E Lou : 04-05-2010 at 02:30 PM.
Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote