View Single Post
Old 04-05-2010, 11:42 AM   #33
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
I know this has been seconded and thirded quite a bit in the thread, but I'm not at all sure what this means and sounds a lot like buzz words rammed together. I mean, I know what it means in an ethereal sense. But, what concrete actions could be done to promote such actions? I think we pretty much all agree that bullying is bad. But what actual enumerable steps can be done to lessen bullying and not just shift it around (as JIMGA's power vacuum notes).

I'm not saying they're not out there. But I don't know what they are and we haven't really said anything in this thread that could prevent a thing.

SI

The schools I've seen it implemented at, have posters everywhere, assemblies, and teachers reinforcing the idea that bullying is wrong and will not be tolerated from Kindergarden on up. It's talked about a few times a year, the posters are always there as a reminder, and most importantly if bullying is observed by the teachers, definitive action is taken. Of course, that relies on everyone to do their job properly which is an issue in any system. I don't think it is any magical cure but it helps some.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 04-05-2010 at 11:42 AM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote