Thread: MLB 2k10
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2010, 08:18 AM   #83
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

i just DLed the game last night - by the time it was priced down and downloaded it was like 1:30am so I only got to play like 6 innings. I think I get hitting (although working the left and right sticks together i'll have to get used to). I can hit balls out to the warning track and get basehits, so that's okay.

but for fuck's sake can someone explain how pitching works? Say I'm going to throw a fastball so it's "down then up." I select my pitch, select the target spot, then push the right stick down and move it smoothly up? How come when I do that sometimes I get the yellow circle that narrows in (which is a positive - those seem to be close to "perfect pitches") and sometimes I get "bad gesture?" Even on something as simple as a fastball. Don't get me started on a 12-6 curveball - I only managed to throw like 2-3 of those with good gestures last night.

The manual isn't really a help (surprise surprise), so I'm hoping some of my fellow players can be. Otherwise I guess I can turn on classic hitting and pitching.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 04-05-2010 at 08:23 AM.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote