View Single Post
Old 04-04-2010, 11:08 PM   #28
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
I think this is the key thing to remember when dealing with adolescents. I remember in junior high there was very little else that I worried about, though I suppose I thought about other things. As adults we tend to forget that, and then we belittle how kids feel about things that now seem silly to us. At that time there's little else in the world to kids other than what other kids think of them. That's only gotten worse since we were kids, as I think more and more teenagers are essentially left to their own devices by society.

So true. Doesn't matter how popular, how good they look, or how successful they are either. Just in the past 2 weeks, I saw this beautiful 15 year old girl who I believe has almost zero self-esteem and is just constantly preoccupied with her belief that everyone dislikes her and thinks she is ugly. I also saw this 16 year old boy who is a very good high school baseball player, is good looking, and reasonably smart, but he is suffering severe anxiety mostly from ruminating on how his peers dissect everything he does or says.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote