View Single Post
Old 04-04-2010, 08:24 AM   #8
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougarfreak View Post
In the state of KY, if I see it, it's the law I report it to the administrator. The administrator MUST deal with it (however he/she deems fit), but they MUST deal with it. I can tell you mine does this on a daily basis, as I teach Freshman, a lot of crap occurs. And he MUST file a report that goes to our school resource office, who works for the county sheriff's office. This policy just started this year, it's the LAW in the state. It's a PITA, but if it keeps an incident like what happened to Phoebe Prince from happening, it's worth it. I was amazed in an online poll I saw on MSNBC this week about the Prince incident, more people were blaming the teachers than the bullies themselves. Sure as a teacher, you stop it from happening in front of you, (and in my instance report it), but no way can a school stop it from happening at all. Especially in the age of texting, facebook, myspace, etc. But I can tell you, my administrator deals with stuff happening over those digital tools as well.

So far, my wife and I have been satisfied with the our school's action. It's talked about a lot, and while some stuff does happen, they take action on all of it. I just wish that the school could get a handle on the kids disrespecting the teachers. That seems to have been the biggest change since I was in middle/high school. It's gotten so it's more like prisoners and guards than educators and learners. At least in my day, maybe there was one or two kids like that, now according to my oldest, many kids in each class are like that. The kids are forced by law to be there, so there is no incentive for them behave if they don't want to. The parents are big failures, and it only seems like it's going to get worse, as the texting generation starts to raise kids of their own.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote