View Single Post
Old 03-31-2010, 05:28 PM   #840
Travis
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic View Post
Exactly. I know in the past few years, the Jays weren't expected to win the division or anything... but at least there was a slight chance they could steal a Wild Card spot. They had Halladay and another decent SP, so all they needed was some other pieces to fall in place. Now, I don't think I'm looking forward to any aspect of the team.

Aww, come on now. There's still Hill, Lind, Snider, Ruiz, Marcum, Romero, Rzepczynski, Morrow and likely Cecil right off the bat to watch/cheer for/be entertained by.

And probably before the end of the year, add McGowan, Purcey, Drabek, Wallace and Arencibia.

And who knows, maybe Wells will even start to climb back into form. That may be wishful thinking

Not saying they're going to compete for a wild card this year, but there are a lot of nice building blocks in place. Health still seems to be an issue but that's your (potential) future at nearly every spot other than 3B and short (not sure what's up with the kid they just signed and when he may make an appearance, but if he pans out as well that'll be a big bonus).