View Single Post
Old 03-30-2010, 08:06 PM   #827
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
Attendance doesn't tell the whole story. Seattle has a beautiful baseball stadium, in a great location.

From my limited experiences there, the crowd doesn't seem to have the rabid intensity of other places, but that's tough to quantify.

(And really, it's not like just enjoying your life and enjoying baseball and not going on a bender because your team lost is such a bad thing. Maybe more people in Seattle just have other stuff going on in their lives.)
Different styles I guess - Seattle baseball fans are not going to be overly loud and boisterous. I would suspect given the blog community here that our fan base is maybe a little more analytical and perhaps less demonstrative than others.

But that's certainly not the case with football - I don't think anyone can deny that Seahawks fans are quite loud and passionate. Husky football crowds have tamed a bit over the last decade as the fanbase has grown older and attendance has suffered through the Ty error, but historically Husky Stadium during the Don James years up through Neuheisel was the most intimidating place to play on the West Coast.
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote