View Single Post
Old 03-30-2010, 01:29 AM   #14
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
The big downside is that she's got to get this signed affadavit back to the CC# company by Sunday (Friday, really) or they'll put the charges back on. She just got the packet in the mail today. Don't these people know there isn't going to be mail delivery anymore?

Call back and ask for a manger on this. The last instance I found out about was a cable bill that took years to get to collections. When I called them and got enough details to know it was ID Theft I explained that I had old police reports and tons of stuff showing that I'd been a victim of ID theft and would do whatever they needed to sort it out. It was Thursday, and the guy I was talking to said that I had until monday to file a new police report, get a copy of said police report(lolol?? the police didn't even have the report available for me to pick up that fast), and jump through a number of other hoops or they were going to ding my credit report. It was basically a big "fuck you I think you're lying" from the asshole at the collection agency. I tried to reason/tried to argue with him for a bit before demanding to speak to manager, and got sent to someone's voice mail. I ended up calling back and getting a different representative who was much more understanding and gave me a 30 day extension on the process.

Just like it seems like a massive crapshoot as to whether you are going to get a police officer who gives a shit about ID Theft or not when you go to file a police report, it seems like just as big a crapshoot as to whether you get someone at the CC company/collection department who is willing to give people the benefit of the doubt for a few extra days or whether they assume you're lying.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote