View Single Post
Old 03-29-2010, 05:20 PM   #70
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyroofoo View Post
I've given up on HoI3.

You might want to give HoI2: Arsenal of Democracy a look though.

Thanks for the suggestion, having a blast with it so far. Never played a game in the HOI series before so I played through the tutorial three times and then played four quick games(with Germany, UK, France, and USA). The quick games lasted about a month of game time before I set up with my first real game in Germany.

I picked Germany b/c while they were involved in alot of wars at this time they also are for the most part land based and not spread out like France and the UK. Also unlike UK and USA I won't have to load my troops up into ships to get them anywhere, this was a plus for a novice like me.

So far I can't comment on the AI too much as I am having an easy go of it in Poland, and while I have some resistance in France, for the most part I'm gaining territory weekly. Can't fault the AI for this though, as this happened in real life. I also took Luxembourg.

I did find one funny thing that happened so far when I took a Polish territory, they immediately launched an attack of the territory I had just taken with a force roughly half the size of the one I had sitting there. Other than that I haven't noticed anything too obtuse yet.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote