View Single Post
Old 03-29-2010, 11:51 AM   #79
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho View Post
That's not my understanding. The NK regime has effectively isolated this populace for almost 50 years and subjected them to comprehensive propaganda. There's plenty of evidence from people who have managed to get real accounts out of NK that this is easily the most deluded populace on the planet.

Also, thanks to Galaril for backing up my assertions.

IMO, the only effectively strategy for us, long-term, is to find a way to make this China's problem. NK effectively relies completely on China, and China are more than happy to have NK be a problem for the U.S. and its allies, so some sort of creative way (no, I don't have a good idea) to switch this around would be great.

This, by the way, is the main reason why I don't expect NK to actually use a nuke unprovoked on anyone else - they know it's pretty much the only thing the Chinese couldn't ignore and continue to support them on. I mean, China probably wouldn't even overly chastise NK for a full-scale invasion of SK....

So what's your solution?

Ding-ding-ding you win. that is the only longterm solution is fro China to take care of this preferably through absorbing NK which I believe in the next 100 years or so will happen and possibly SK eventually as well. Having married into Korean culture they have a ton more respect and admiration for China than the west and have no issue giving up some personal freedom for the group which is asian traditional culture anyways. My wife's family always has thought though we get along real well that I am a self-centered individualistic jackass. Pretty accurate actually
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote