View Single Post
Old 03-26-2010, 02:14 PM   #43
SportsDino
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airhog View Post
Don't discount the fact that we could in no way stop NK from overrunning South Korea in a short period of time, if they choose to do so. In that scenario, we would have to rely on sending ground forces in.

Easier to play defense than offense... we'd have a good portion of the populace that likes their high standard of living and video games on our side. I'd spend troops on the ground in South Korea, I just wouldn't try to occupy North Korea.

Autumn and Airhog make good points though, whether we would be able to mobilize enough forces conventionally in time to head off North Korea occupying South Korea. Even with my confidence in our military capability, I don't know... armies can move fast at that sort of proximity.

I don't think nukes could stop it though, if NK is preparing at all they'd be mobilized on the border, and would we really nuke all of northern South Korea to potentially stop North Korea from occupying northern South Korea? I'm doubtful. Nuking NK proper wouldn't make a difference, their army would be on the move and worst with nothing more to lose.

War sucks no matter what, and it never changes!
SportsDino is offline   Reply With Quote